Monday, January 01, 2007

Oh the Dread

Tomorrow at 7 am I have to report back to work -- far too early in the new year and far too soon for me. I was only just getting comfy, finally relaxing. Two-ish weeks: not enough time.

Ok, so I didn't spend as much of my holiday break writing as I wanted. Although on the bright side, I did do a tremendous amount of idea generation, plotting work, writing loglines, summarizing and taking my first real honest look at all the archived inspirations, idea bits and screenplays-in-the-works. But none of that work was focused on one thing, which was my original lofty goal, until I got completely stuck.

But now it's time to go back. I just have to survive the last 3 months on set. And not just survive, but find some way to thrive. Or at the very fucking least, simply be at peace and prepare myself for my next big phase: writing full time. I want to really try to do some kind of writing on set, even if it's just this blog.

As I scramble to come up with some point for this entry, I guess this is serving as warning: this blog could certainly OD on darkly funny scathing remarks that, out of context, could make me appear like a whiny bitch. And I might actually agree with you there: lately, I don't really like ME. I'm becoming annoying, even to myself. I guess that's some kind of accomplishment...or...

More likely, it's a sign that I'm ignoring some things write in front of my face. All I need to do is get on the write path -- make doing the write thing as easy as possible.

My apologies, in advance, for any extreme bitterness that may ensue.

So here I go. Again.

No comments: