Friday, January 12, 2007

I Wanted To Bitch. Really.

As the world seems to go mad around me, I feel somewhat in my own bubble of peace. Not that everything's Just Grand, but holiday break combined with my reinforced writing goal has ushered in a new Queen Age.

As for this blog, I thought I really wanted to bitch about my day job. Then every time I wanted to my thoughts kept wandering into the land of the important things I'm learning.

I'm sure that will change soon. Stay tuned for snarky remarks and silly futile arguments. I give it 2 weeks--tops.

But while we still live in la-la land, I have had recent breakthroughs. For example:

There's this one director I don't get along with at all. AT ALL. But, by simultaneous effort we get along great now. I even fixed a problem on his new laptop for him which took probably an hour or more of my time (when I wasn't doing anything else).

Like I alluded, I think it was effort on both our parts. He seemed to chill more, I think I got better at communicating my needs to him. Essentially, we both treated each other like professionals Right Now, no matter our past history.

When his episode was over and he was doing the after-wrap rounds, I gave him a hug and honestly meant the gesture.

It was nice to come full circle.

No comments: