Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Welcome to the World Will

Off-topic but it's my blog. I'll do what I want.

I'm officially an Aunt 3 times over as of this morning: my nephew Will was born today, joining his adorable big sisters Caroline and Catherine.

He picked a cool date to be born: 2/27/2007.

I have two fun things I'm doing as long term projects for my nieces and now nephew. First, on the day they are born I collect the news of their birth from around the Internets. Actually this started for a reason: my first niece Caroline was born in 2002 in Alaska. About 45 minutes after her birth there was a 7.9 richer earthquake along the Denali Fault, the epicenter of which was 50-ish miles away from where she was born. She came in with a bang. AND she was born the day before my birthday. Nice. I wanted to collect all the info about the earthquake for her later, and thus started this tradition.

My second tradition is that on each of their birthdays I write them a letter that they will receive in a bundle when they turn 18. It's a mix of current events and my thoughts on them, memories, advice, etc. Should be interesting for both of us. Heh.

And because I have no transition, a change of topic.

Thanks to everyone who's commented on my blog. Yea! People are reading it! Feedback rocks.

Although I'm not sure if I should be freaked out that all 3 people who have commented on my blog so far share the same first name.

Which is also the name that I was would have now if I'd turned out to be of the Other Gender.

Chew on that while I get back to writing before I have to go into work today. (For anyone playing along at home, work ends T-minus 13 days and counting.)

1 comment:

Clint said...

You commented on a post of mine at Artful Writer, so I stopped by to check out your home game. Congrats on the turns your pro life is taking. Good luck with all of it. Mostly I'm commenting, though, just so you'll have a commenter whose name is not Chris (it's Clint), and to say that you must be a wise and good person, because only a wise and good person would have a quote from Kermit in The Muppet Movie on her blog. Well played. ("The Rainbow Connection" remains one of my favorite songs, even in my thirty-eighth year.)

Cheers.

Clint